Our Friends and Family Workshop is recommended as a starting point for family members and friends in our clients’ (or potential clients’) lives. Learn about Borderline Personality Disorder and other disorders that involve emotional dysregulation, Dialectical Behavior Therapy, and effective ways to support your loved one. Get more information about Portland DBT Institute services, including how you can be involved in your partner’s, children’s, sibling’s, parent’s, etc. treatment.
This workshop uses lecture, discussion, and practice exercises to accomplish the following goals:
- Learn the biosocial model of development and maintenance of clients’ problems.
- Learn some of the basic DBT ideas and skills that clients are learning in the program.
- Explore ways to provide an environment for clients that balances validation (where the focus is on acceptance) and problem-solving (where the focus is on change).
- Discuss clients’ high-risk behavior and how to act effectively in the face of it.
- Feel less isolated in supporting clients and get connected to further resources for support.
This workshop is drawn from the evidence-based practice of Dialectical Behavioral Therapy (DBT).
Saturday, October 14th, 2023 | 9am to 12pm PST
Saturday, November 11th, 2023 | 9am to 12pm PST
Zoom Video Communications
We understand there has been much concern about gathering in public spaces and the call for social distancing. Out of an abundance of caution, we are offering our trainings virtually. We will be sending all attendees a link to attend the training via Zoom Video Communications.
Advanced registration is required.
$125.00 – One participant
$75.00 – Each additional participant
This workshop is not billable to insurance.
We accept cash, check, money order or credit card.
CONTINUING EDUCATION HOURS
The Friends and Family workshop is not eligible for NBCC credit hours.
For general information about the group, please contact Dr. Ashley Maliken at email@example.com or (503) 290-3277.
For registration and billing questions, please contact our Training Department at firstname.lastname@example.org or (503) 290-3295.