Charlotte Thomas, LCSW
Pathways to Mindful Eating Program Manager
Groups of 5 or More
If you are interested in this training on a date not offered, we can schedule most trainings at our site or yours, to meet your group’s needs.
This two-day training is intended for treatment providers who are working with multi-diagnostic clients with eating disorders using DBT. The training will provide a brief overview of eating disorders, a comparison of the similarities and differences between DBT for Eating Disorders and standard CBT-based approaches for eating disorders, as well as important DBT adaptations for individuals with eating disorders. In addition, we will provide a summary of the research data to date on the efficacy of DBT for eating disorders.
WHO SHOULD ATTEND?
Individuals who are already applying DBT Individual Therapy in their practice and/or who directly supervise other clinicians who provide DBT. This is not an introductory training.
On completion, participants will be able to:
1. Understand and describe the DBT biosocial theory and how it relates to eating disordered clients
2. Explain the significance of dialectics and balancing change with acceptance
3. Understand the importance of and be able to do a behavioral analysis focusing on eating disorder behavior
4. Understand and be able to effectively conceptualize the different eating disorder diagnoses
5. Understand the cognitive, physiological, and medical complications of eating disorders
6. Apply DBT commitment strategies to clients with eating disorders
7. Structure telephone coaching to effectively support clients with eating disorders
8. Explain the similarities and differences between using DBT and CBT for eating disorder treatment
9. Shape treatment goals and priorities for the complex multidiagnostic client with an eating disorder
CONTINUING EDUCATION CREDITS
Participants who complete both training days will earn 12 continuing education credits.
Portland DBT Institute is an NBCC-Approved Continuing Education Provider (ACEP) and may offer NBCC-approved clock hours for events that meet NCBB requirements. The ACEP solely is responsible for all aspects of the program
|Individual Registration Fee
|Group Registration Fee for 5 or more
|Student Registration Fee
Early Registration Discount:
For those registering 30 or more days in advance a $25 per person discount will be given.
CANCELLATION AND REFUND POLICY
- Cancellations and Refunds – A $100.00 handling fee will be deducted upon cancellation. Refund requests by fax or email must be received two weeks before the start date. In addition, the fees are non-transferrable.
- Course Cancelation – PDBTI reserves the right to cancel any program due to under-enrollment, or any course due to work stoppages, instructor illness or inclement weather. If a course is cancelled, PDBTI is responsible for refunding only the course fee.
The River’s Edge offers the guests of Portland DBT Institute a 10% discount off of the best rate of the day for both the Hillside and Riverside King guestrooms.
When booking reservations, please ask for HEALTH rate plan. This rate is subject to availability at time of booking. Should the Premier Rate Plan not be available, the best available house rate will prevail.
As well as being a short riverside walk from the offices of Portland DBT Institute, travelers staying at the River’s Edge will enjoy the following amenities and services.
- Well-appointed guest room accommodation in either the Hillside King (343 sq. ft.) or Riverside King Guestrooms (390 sq.) Hillside guestrooms have windows which open,Riverside, a walk out patio facing the river. Both light and airy.
- Guestrooms with complimentary wireless internet service, a well – lit work area, 50” flat screen television, in-room coffee, safe and large marble surfaced bathroom vanities.
- 24 hour access to the fitness center, Jacuzzi, sauna and steam room.
- Complimentary use of the business center.
- The in-house spa which offers a wide range of treatments. Please visit our website for a complete list of treatments and pricing.
- The Aquariva restaurant adjacent to the hotel services, breakfast, lunch, happy hour, dinner and brunch.
Information on Trimet bus, lightrail, and street car transportation can be found at