Charlotte Thomas, LCSW
Pathways to Mindful Eating Program Manager
Groups of 5 or More
If you are interested in this training on a date not offered, we can schedule most trainings at our site or yours, to meet your group’s needs.
This two-day training is intended for treatment providers who are working with multi-diagnostic clients with eating disorders using DBT. The training will provide a brief overview of eating disorders, a comparison of the similarities and differences between DBT for Eating Disorders and standard CBT-based approaches for eating disorders, as well as important DBT adaptations for individuals with eating disorders. In addition, we will provide a summary of the research data to date on the efficacy of DBT for eating disorders.
WHO SHOULD ATTEND?
Individuals who are already applying DBT Individual Therapy in their practice and/or who directly supervise other clinicians who provide DBT. This is not an introductory training.
On completion, participants will be able to:
1. Understand and describe the DBT biosocial theory and how it relates to eating disordered clients
2. Explain the significance of dialectics and balancing change with acceptance
3. Understand the importance of and be able to do a behavioral analysis focusing on eating disorder behavior
4. Understand and be able to effectively conceptualize the different eating disorder diagnoses
5. Understand the cognitive, physiological, and medical complications of eating disorders
6. Apply DBT commitment strategies to clients with eating disorders
7. Structure telephone coaching to effectively support clients with eating disorders
8. Explain the similarities and differences between using DBT and CBT for eating disorder treatment
9. Shape treatment goals and priorities for the complex multidiagnostic client with an eating disorder
CONTINUING EDUCATION HOURS
Portland DBT Institute has been approved by NBCC as an Approved Continuing Education Provider, ACEP No. 6326.
Programs that do not qualify for NBCC credit are clearly identified. Portland DBT Institute is solely is responsible for all aspects of the programs.
|Individual Registration Fee
|Group Registration Fee for 5 or more
|Student Registration Fee
Early Registration Discount:
For those registering 30 or more days in advance a $25 per person discount will be given.
CANCELLATIONS AND REFUNDS
A $60.00 handling fee will be deducted upon cancellation. Refund requests by fax or email must be received two weeks before the start date. In addition, the fees are non-transferrable.
PDBTI reserves the right to cancel any program due to under-enrollment, or any course due to work stoppages, instructor illness or inclement weather. If a course is cancelled, PDBTI is responsible for refunding only the course fee.
If you are in need of accommodations during your time in Portland, McMenamins Kennedy School is a memorable and comfortable place to stay. The hotel is located minutes from Portland International Airport as well as to shopping in downtown Portland.
Since its 1915 opening, this historic elementary school has been a beloved fixture of its Northeast Portland neighborhood. McMenamins renovated the once-abandoned scholastic gem and turned it into Portland’s most unique hotel. Here you’ll find 57 comfy guestrooms with private baths and telephones (some fashioned from former classrooms complete with original chalkboards and cloakrooms – others with an author’s theme), a restaurant, multiple small bars, a movie theater, soaking pool, gift shop and a brewery (just wait until the principal hears about this!).
Information on Trimet bus, lightrail, and street car transportation can be found at