Tuesdays | 11:00am to 12:00pm
Thursdays | 10:00am to 12:00pm
Thursday June 20th through Tuesday August 13th, 2019
(groups will not be held the week of July 4th)
Presented by: Jessica Gotzler, LCSW
Do you want to get a head start on DBT skills during the summer? In this twice-weekly skills group for teens aged 13 to 18 and their parents, families will learn and practice DBT skills in an interactive peer supported setting. Participants learn DBT skills in a multifamily group on Thursdays and review those skills in separate teen and parent groups on Tuesdays. This 7-week intensive course is the perfect option for families needing a refresher on DBT skills before teens return to school in the fall or for families needing a foundational course on crucial DBT skills like mindfulness, interpersonal effectiveness, distress tolerance, and emotional regulation. Those interested are asked to complete an assessment and develop a treatment plan with a licensed, DBT-trained clinician, as well as attend an orientation session before beginning the group in mid-June. Space is limited to 8 clients, so be sure to contact our Intake Team soon to get signed up!
WHO SHOULD ATTEND?
Teenagers between the ages of 13-18 who are:
- Having a hard time controlling their emotions, behaviors, and relationships with others
- Interested in learning skills to help them move towards their personal goals
- Currently seeing an outside provider (therapist, prescriber, PCP, case manager, etc.)
- Able to make a commitment to attend the 7-week course and complete weekly assignments to enhance the learning and practicing of DBT skills
- Interested in the intensive skills group as a stepping stone to our comprehensive DBT program (Not Required.) One parent or caregiver who is interested in practicing more skillful ways to support and guide their teen as they work towards their personal goals.
HOW TO GET STARTED
To register, or if you have questions, please contact our Intake Coordinator, Brianna Johnson (at 503-290-3297 or firstname.lastname@example.org)
or you can call the general intake line at 503-290-3291.
You can also get started by filling out our Electronic Refferal Form.Electronic Referral Form