Jesse Homan, LPC
September 15th & 16th, 2017
8:30AM – 5:00PM
Groups of 5 or More
If you are interested in this training on a date not offered, we can schedule most trainings at our site or yours, to meet your group’s needs.
Providing individual DBT therapy for complex multi-diagnostic clients with Borderline Personality Disorder (BPD) is hard work and the road to treatment success is seldom straight-forward. It is easy to get mired down in the complexity and confusion of the targets, unrelenting crises, and in-session dysfunctional behavior. Once the most extreme behaviors quiet, we might long for the days when the session road map was simple: just do a chain analysis! But without cause, then what?
This advanced workshop is intended for anyone who wishes to significantly improve their practice of doing DBT individual therapy, mastering DBT case conceptualization, and creating high-octane treatment plans based on your client’s goals and your case conceptualization. This workshop is built on a framework of what we have learned over the past decades in supervising and mentoring DBT therapists through their learning and practice of DBT – all the way through the certification process. As such this workshop is particularly suited to meet the needs of experienced DBT clinicians wishing to significantly elevate their practice of DBT and prepare well for the DBT-LBC Clinician Certification process.
We will zero in on those key areas that are often the most challenging to master:
- Developing a case conceptualization based on the DBT biosocial theory and primary and secondary targets;
- Developing a client-specific DBT individualized treatment plan to get your client out of hell and on his/her way to a life worth living;
- Creating a personalized diary card that maps directly to your client’s goals, hopes, & behavioral targets;
- Structuring the session, including how to strategically review the diary card, collaboratively set an effective agenda with your client (even if they don’t want to), target the important topics and behaviors, and end the session well.
- Creatively activating new behaviors in session and creating other behavioral rehearsal strategies for clients to practice throughout the week;
- Collaboratively conducting a detailed high-octane behavioral chain analysis and solution analysis that illuminates what happened (including the context where the behavior occurred), as well as decision rules about where and how to intervene.
WHO SHOULD ATTEND?
Individuals who are already applying DBT Individual Therapy in their practice, are interested in DBT certification, and/or who directly supervise other clinicians who provide DBT. This is not an introductory training.
It is required that attendees are current members of a DBT team, and have received no less than 20 hours of DBT training.
Following completion of this two-day training, participants will be able to:
- Develop detailed case conceptualizations.
- Develop personalized treatment plans designed to expedite the therapeutic process.
- Adapt diary cards that are specific for each client
- Effectively structure individual sessions
- Conduct thorough and efficient behavioral chain analysis and solution analysis.
- Develop creative strategies to activate new behaviors in session and behaviorally rehearse new behaviors during the week
Participants who complete both training days will earn 12 continuing education credits.
Portland DBT Institute is an NBCC-Approved Continuing Education Provider (ACEP) and may offer NBCC-approved clock hours for events that meet NCBB requirements. The ACEP solely is responsible for all aspects of the program
|Individual Registration Fee
|Group Registration Fee for 5 or more
|Student Registration Fee
Early Registration Discount:
For those registering 30 or more days in advance a $25 per person discount will be given.
CANCELLATIONS AND REFUNDS
A $60.00 handling fee will be deducted upon cancellation. Refund requests by fax or email must be received two weeks before the start date. In addition, the fees are non-transferrable.
PDBTI reserves the right to cancel any program due to under-enrollment, or any course due to work stoppages, instructor illness or inclement weather. If a course is cancelled, PDBTI is responsible for refunding only the course fee.
ACCOMMODATIONS & TRANSPORTATION
Please consider the following list of over-night accommodations
during your stay in Portland
Information on Trimet bus, lightrail, and street car transportation can be found at